9/03/2007

Ferry ride to Atlantic Highlands, NJ from Manhattan

Ferry Boats operate between Manhattan and the Atlantic Highlands. I took a boat from the 35th St. and FDR for a day trip to visit a French friend who settled donw in US.
Another stop for the boat in Manhattan is Pier 11 at Wall St.

Close ups of the downtown Manhattan buildings
Miss Liberty
Sand beach in the National Park in the Atlantic Highlands
The view from the highest point between the coast of Maine and Yucatan Peninsula on the Atlantic seaboard.
Henry Hudson the explorer found springs here.

Well, I don't know how many people are intetested in this historic spot now except a French emigre to N. J. and his Japanese friend. . . . Look at these summer grasses. . . . Obviously, locals don't care much about their heritage from the Colonial past.

A Japanese corner in the garden
Patrick and his partner keep beautiful flowers and fruits in their garden. I enjoyed the scenery, intellectually stimulating conversations, and good food. French people know how to enjoy life, indeed!

No comments: