1/27/2010

Kabuki-za Sayonara Performances 2010

I got a ticket to the Kabuki Theater New Year evening program.
I was quite impressed especially by Nakamura Kanzaburo's dance
program "Kyokanoko Musume dojoji." He danced as Shirabyoshi
Hanako, a courtesan possessed by Kiyohime, a deceased noble
princess who went through a tragic separation
with her lover Anchin who became a monk at Dojoji Temple.
Kanzaburo danced as Hanako transforming gradually from a pure
and innocent woman into a demonized Kiyohime. In the final
scene, Hanako became a huge serpent with red hair and costume.
Kanzaburo's dancing changed from delicate and sensitive
virgin form to sexy feminine one. I was utterly impressed by
Kanzaburo's dancing techniques throughout the program.
The whole program was just very festive and so appropriate
to celebrate the first month of 2010. This shall be a very
good year for me!



A New Year decoration inside the Kabuki Theater

No comments: