8/08/2007

United Airlines lounge


The United Airlines lounge at Narita/Tokyo International Airport (photo) is very spacious and nicely decorated. I feel, however, more grateful and comfortable in a small and always crowded Star Alliance lounge in Chicago. Especially after a long flight from Tokyo to Chicago, I get refreshed after washing my face and having some snacks and drinks available at the counter. I can even take a nap for a while before I take another flight to Boston. I wish the lounge in Chicago gets upscaled like the one in Tokyo, though. The lounge, I assume, reflects the O'Hare Airports's utilitarian spirt. By the way, the reason I choose O'Hare as the connecting port is because I like its utilitarian sureness. It is hard to find any kind of frivolity at this airport in the solid heartland of the USA. This is why I always take the first step in the US at Chicago where I cannot live (because I get bored in a place without certain frivolousness) but I can trust whatever they do.

No comments: